We are centrally situated in the heart of old town Reykjavik with easy access to the main shopping streets of Laugarvegur and Skólavörðustígur. Reykjavik Residence offers ideal locations for exploring historic sites or spending leisure time in enjoyable surroundings, where shops, restaurants, art museums and galleries, cafés, bars, nightlife and many other attractions are just a short walk away.
Within 300m from the Hotel
- The old Reykjavík harbor area with plenty of restaurants and cafés so as where you can go on whale watching trips (April–October).
- Hallgrímskirkja Church, one of the city’s most famous landmarks. You can take an elevator to the top of the church tower and enjoy spectacular views.
- The Culture House has Iceland’s Medieval Manuscripts, among other artifacts.
- Harpa Concert & Convention Hall – just around the corner!
- The quirky flea market, Kolaportið, open Saturdays and Sundays.
- Althingi building – houses one of the world's oldest parliaments.
- Laugavegur – main downtown shopping street.
- Skólavörðustígur – designer stores, boutiques, art, cafés, the new downtown trend in Reykjavík!
Places of interest
- The National Art Museum
- The National Museum of Iceland
- The Reykjavík Art Museum
- The Museum of Photography
- The Althing Parliament building and square, Austurvöllur
- The park pond, Tjörnin
- Reykjavík's City Hall
- The Pearl – one of Reykjavik’s landmarks, where you will enjoy great views over the city. Visit the Saga Museum or dine in the elegant revolving restaurant on the top level
- Kringlan shopping mall, with over 60 stores
By Taxi - taxi information from Keflavík International Airport
- Taxis are available right outside the airport building.
Please allow us to arrange the trip for you with our drivers.
By car - from Keflavík International Airport:
- From the airport, take the first right at the roundabout.
- Follow signs for Reykjavík.
- Join the coast road Sæbraut.
- Follow Sæbraut until you arrive in Reykjavik City Centre.
- Follow Sæbraut to Lækjargata and make a left turn into Hverfisgata. We are located at Hverfisgata 45.
- We at the check-in / concierge desk can find parking for you.
- Flybus offers a very convenient coach service from Keflavik International Airport to Reykjavik. It operates in connection with all arriving flights. You will find coaches immediately the arrivals terminal. Flybus will take you directly to us.